Thursday, April 20, 2006

MY REFLECTIONS ON TODAY'S HUKUM



In Gurbani, reference has been made to the impermanence of our bonds. It refers to our past bonds, present bonds and to the imminent loss of our existing bonds. I remember the countless friend I already had. I have already forgotten a great number of them. Presently, also due to many reasons, my friends and relatives are leaving me. Soon I will forget many of them. Likewise, I will come and grace this earth. Then, there will be a time that I will have to leave the crust of this world. Ones who do not live according to the Guru’s way will soon be forgotten as I forgot many of my friends. Thus, deviation from the guru’s path will keep me detached from the salvation enabling me to come and go on countless times. This will rotate like a cycle causing coming and going . This is the cycle of rebirth. Cycle of torture of birth and death. It will bring me regrets as the cessation of rebirth will only provide me the opportunity to taste nectar. But, those who meditated on NAAM will taste nectar as they will be attached only to the true guru but nothing else. They will relinquish their material attachments and separate themselves from rebirth. So what is the path that is left for me to cross the ocean of this poisonous world. It is the shedding of egoism and offering seva to the fellow beings . A mind without egoism will be purified. Namm Japna mind will be as clear as pristine water. It will help me to merge with the true guru. Unlike the previous, impermanent countless bonds that I had , this special bond with the true guru will be a special bond. As it has been revealed in Guru Granth, this merger with the true guru will bring me a friend who will never be separated.
Page 813
Pain comes, when one forgets Him. Peace comes when one remembers God. This is the way the Saints are in bliss - they continually sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. 1PauseThe high, He makes low, and the low, he elevates in an instant.The value of the glory of our Lord and Master cannot be estimated. 2
While he gazes upon beautiful dramas and plays, the day of his departure dawns.
The dream becomes the dream, and his actions do not go along with him. 3
God is All-powerful, the Cause of causes; I seek Your Sanctuary.
Day and night, Nanak meditates on the Lord; forever and ever he is a sacrifice. 42050
Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:I carry water on my head, and with my hands I wash their feet.
Tens of thousands of times, I am a sacrifice to them; gazing upon the Blessed Vision of their Darshan, I live. 1
The hopes which I cherish in my mind - my God fulfills them all.
With my broom, I sweep the homes of the Holy Saints, and wave the fan over them. 1PauseThe Saints chant the Ambrosial Praises of the Lord; I listen, and my mind drinks it in.That sublime essence calms and soothes me, and quenches the fire of sin and corruption. 2
When the galaxy of Saints worship the Lord in devotion, I join them, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.
I bow in reverence to the humble devotees, and apply the dust of their feet to my face. 3
Sitting down and standing up, I chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord; this is what I do.
This is Nanak's prayer to God, that he may merge in the Lord's Sanctuary. 42151
Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:He alone crosses over this world-ocean, who sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord.
He dwells with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; by great good fortune, he finds the Lord. 1
Your slave lives by hearing, hearing the Word of Your Bani, chanted by Your humble servant.
The Guru is revealed in all the worlds; He saves the honor of His servant. 1Pause
.God has pulled me out of the ocean of fire, and quenched my burning thirst.
The Guru has sprinkled the Ambrosial Water of the Naam, the Name of the Lord; He has become my Helper. 2
The pains of birth and death are removed, and I have obtained a resting place of peace.
The noose of doubt and emotional attachment has been snapped; I have become pleasing to my God. 3
Let no one think that there is any other at all; everything is in the Hands of God.
Nanak has found total peace, in the Society of the Saints. 42252
Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:
My bonds have been snapped; God Himself has become compassionate.
The Supreme Lord God is Merciful to the meek; by His Glance of Grace, I am in ecstasy. 1
The Perfect Guru has shown mercy to me, and eradicated my pains and illnesses.
My mind and body have been cooled and soothed, meditating on God, most worthy of meditation. 1Pause
The Name of the Lord is the medicine to cure all disease; with it, no disease afflicts me.
In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, the mind and body are tinged with the Lord's Love, and I do not suffer pain any longer. 2
I chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, Har, lovingly centering my inner being on Him.
Sinful mistakes are erased and I am sanctified, in the Sanctuary of the Holy Saints. 3
Misfortune is kept far away from those who hear and chant the Praises of the Lord's Name.
Nanak chants the Mahaa Mantra, the Great Mantra, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. 42353
Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:
From the Fear of God, devotion wells up, and deep within, there is peace.
Chanting the Name of the Lord of the Universe, doubt and delusions are dispelled. 1
One who meets with the Perfect Guru, is blessed with peace.
So renounce the intellectual cleverness of your mind, and listen to the Teachings. 1Pause
Meditate, meditate, meditate in remembrance on the Primal Lord, the Great Giver.
May I never forget that Primal, Infinite Lord from my mind. 2
I have enshrined love for the Lotus Feet of the Wondrous Divine Guru.
One who is blessed by Your Mercy, God, is committed to Your service. 3
I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar, the treasure of wealth, and my mind and body are in bliss.42454Nanak never forgets God, the Lord of supreme bliss. 42454
Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:
Desire is stilled, and egotism is gone; fear and doubt have run away.
I have found stability, and I am in ecstasy; the Guru has blessed me with Dharmic faith. 1
Worshipping the Perfect Guru in adoration, my anguish is eradicated.
.My body and mind are totally cooled and soothed; I have found peace, O my brother. 1Pause
I have awakened from sleep, chanting the Name of the Lord; gazing upon Him, I am filled with wonder.
Drinking in the Ambrosial Nectar, I am satisfied. How wondrous is its taste! 2
I myself am liberated, and my companions swim across; my family and ancestors are also saved.
Service to the Divine Guru is fruitful; it has made me pure in the Court of the Lord. 3
I am lowly, without a master, ignorant, worthless and without virtue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web Ranjan's sikh and cricket blog