Monday, April 03, 2006

Guru Nanak Ji's visit to Sri Lanka


SAT SRI AKAL

Dear Gur sikh and brothers and sisters
I am a converted sikh and I am extremly happy that I found solace in Guru's Bani which is eternal, appropriate and universal.
I would like to make an appeal to all scholars, researchers of all religious backgrounds to help me in completing an endevour which I intend to embark upon.
Founder of our faith, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji , travelled extensively. It is recorded that he visited Sri Lanka. According to the records, one indian pandit named " Janakacharya" visited king's court and king was immensely impressed with his wisdom. This Janakacharya is believed to be our Adi Nanak.
If any scholar, any individual has any evidence, record or any comment to make on this subject, they are welcome to address me through thiis page. Any document, comment, suggestion is accepted to my e mail " lankansikh@yahoo.co.in"

I am currently following an advance course related to my profession abroad. As soon as I return , I intend to embark on this project. Your help in this regard is most essential.

Wahi Guru Ji ka Khalsa, Wahi Guru ji ki fateh
Ranjan


MS Ahluwalia has done a comprehensive research on GURU NANAK JI IN CEYLON. Please read the full article
http://www.sikhspectrum.com/082004/ceylon_guru_nanak.htm

2 Comments:

Blogger Sifar said...

may be this link will get you some help...

Guru Nanak in Ceylon

Will email you if I get more info on the subject.

17 April, 2006 18:48  
Blogger Sifar said...

I checked. the link doesnot work. so please copy and paste the following in your internet explorer browser,

www.sikhspectrum.com/082004/ceylon_guru_nanak.htm

17 April, 2006 18:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web Ranjan's sikh and cricket blog